How do I access a report of my business debts?

Dear James,

I received report but my debts where not showing on report. The debts I have were for a failed partnership business – should I ask for a report with the business name rather than my own name?

Pete, Birkenhead

Dear Pete,

You most certainly do need to request a report referencing the name of your former business, but how you do this depends on whether you ran a limited or a non-limited company. If you ran a limited company then you can order a report from Experian’s small business unit. This will give you a detailed analysis of the business’s credit history and credit score. The cost for this is around £100. If, however, your partnership was unincorporated, you can download our non-limited business report application form, complete it and send it back to us with the much lower fee of £2. Please make sure you tell us about all relevant addresses over the past six years, to make sure your report is comprehensive.(November 2012)


Take control of your finances with CreditExpert

Your Experian Credit Report

Guidance on what’s affecting your score and how you can improve it

Web monitoring and credit report alerts to help you spot fraud

Dedicated help if you’re a victim of fraud

Support from our UK-based call centre team

Explore our Help Centre

Our credit report centre is full of information on what 's in your credit report and how to improve your credit rating.

Credit Report Help Centre

Find out how to protect yourself from identity fraud and what to do if you're a victim.

Identity fraud explained

Statutory Credit Report

Provides you with a one-off view of your current and past credit history.

Statutory Credit Report