Can I order a credit report using my partner’s card?

Dear James,

I was made bankrupt six years ago and so I don't have a bank account. Can I order a report for me through my partner's card or how can I get a report

Fisher, Falkirk

Dear Fisher,

You certainly can use your partner’s credit or debit card to order your own report, with their permission of course. Do bear in mind though that we usually use card details to help verify your identity, so if you do use someone else’s card we may have to ask you for additional proof of name and address. Alternatively, you can order a one-off copy of your free statutory credit report. Just follow the prompts on our website whichever route you choose. Now your bankruptcy has ended you might benefit from opening up a bank account. You will certainly qualify for a basic ‘no frills’ account and there’s a great guide on these at (September 2014, updated April 2018)


Take control of your finances with CreditExpert

Your Experian Credit Report

Guidance on what’s affecting your score and how you can improve it

Web monitoring and credit report alerts to help you spot fraud

Dedicated help if you’re a victim of fraud

Support from our UK-based call centre team

Explore our Help Centre

Our credit report centre is full of information on what 's in your credit report and how to improve your credit rating.

Credit Report Help Centre

Find out how to protect yourself from identity fraud and what to do if you're a victim.

Identity fraud explained

Statutory Credit Report

Provides you with a one-off view of your current and past credit history.

Statutory Credit Report